Thank goodness for James Taylor. The boy started losing his mind screaming. I turned the movie off which sent him into hysterics. Started singing “Sweet Baby James” and he started calming a little, enter my husband with the iPod. A few songs later and he is out like a light.
Both kids still awake and angry.
Edit: 2 hrs 15 mins in- one kid down, one to go (he is currently yelling “mama mama” while watching the lion King)
It is now 6pm. Neither kid got a nap because my husband kept saying half an hour until we left (he was working so I can’t be angry). They NEED their naps. I NEED them to have their naps for my sanity. I really hope they fall asleep quickly, I’m about to lose it. Better to vent on Tumblr then yell at the kids, right? 365 miles to go, wish us luck.
I have been saving all of the stamps, even duplicates. Just wanted to see if anyone had the ones I need or if I have any that anyone else needs. Let me know!
I just realized when looking over these that some are quite dark and maybe TMI compared to some of the lists going around today. These are all things that I have started to write about in the past on this blog but have stopped for some reason or another. I am glad to have them out there and will probably talk about some of at some other time. Specifically, my daddy. I love him and miss him everyday, especially around this time of year.
Ok, just now getting this. Haven’t been on the computer to fill this out. It seems that everyone has done this, so we’ll see if I can find another 10 to do it. Here goes:
1. Born and raised in Texas. Moved when I was 8 to Chicago suburbs. (Mom is from Chicago burbs, Daddy from Texas, step-dad from Chicago burbs.)
2. I am lucky enough to have had 2 dads. My Daddy, my bio dad. He and my mom got divorced when I was only 4 but they stayed good friends. And my step-dad, Dad, that I have lived with since I was 8 and my mom married him when I was 9. One of my favorite memories of these men is from my high school graduation when Daddy had driven up from Texas and he told my dad that he was so happy that my mom married a man that loved his girls as his own.
3. My Daddy died when I was 19 years old in a freak motorcycle accident. I was a sophmore at Purdue that April when my sister had come to visit me for the first time all year. When we returned from our night of shenanigans I had a voicemail from our stepbrother. I didn’t care that it was 5 in the morning, I called Texas immediately and my sister and I received the news at the same time.
4. I got my first and only tattoo on that trip down to Texas to say goodbye to him. My sister and I have the same tattoo, which we say, ‘tattoos us Texans for life’.
Sidenote: Here’s a good “redneck” joke for you. If you take a family outing to your local tattoo parlor, you might be a redneck. (My sister, stepsister and I all got the same tattoo. My stepmother got one and 2 of my 3 stepbrothers got one.) Additional sidenote - the tatoo parlor was called “Psycho Clown”)
5. I have an evil stepmother. I have only spoken to her once since returning after my father died. She never treated my sister and I well at all (she would feed her kids different and better food then us, when we would visit and other more awful things).
6. I do stay in contact with my stepsister, though. She was never bad to me.
7. Even though I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and now live in another suburb of Chicago, I miss the city everyday. I feel like that is where I was meant to live, unfortunately, the more bedrooms you need in the city, the outrageously more expensive they get. We still own our condo and rent it out. My dream is to one day use it as our weekend place in the city after the kids have grown up and it is paid off.
8. I absolutely love being a stay at home mom but I miss working, too. Once the kids are in school full-time, I’ll probably get some sort of job. I have a huge obsession with real estate, so this might be it.
9. I have been to Maui 5 times that I remember but not since I was in 7th grade. My mom used to work for American Airlines and her sister lives there. My husband has never been to Hawaii, so it is a trip that we hope to be able to take one day.
10. I always thought that I would live abroad for an extended amount of time. I wanted to join the Peace Corp. I studied abroad in Costa Rica for a summer when I was 22. During this time I realized that Matt was the man I wanted to marry and spend the rest of my life with. I have put the dream of living in another country on the back burner for an indefinite amount of time but not out of the question completely. Maybe when the kids are grown, again.
Hope you have enjoyed these little tidbits about me. If there is any thing anyone has any questions about, feel free to message me.
Brookfield Zoo lights happening now.
Craving a ‘BIG’ salad. I consider this a good thing after eating all the food since Friday.
A Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! (I just woke up on the couch, time for bed)
Santa shouldn’t wait until such an hour to wrap presents. I’m tired.
Ugh, 8am dentist appointment for a crown. Way too early for this.
Headed to see Santa tomorrow with the kiddos tomorrow. You’ll never guess where we’re headed. Nope not the mall, 2 days before Christmas, are you kidding me. We’re going to the Bass Pro Shop. They apparently have a Santa’s Village and a photo with Santa is free! Great deal if you ask me.
Look at all the goodies! A bottle of wine, a picture frame, 2 ornaments (kids pics to be added ASAP), some yummy Starbucks coffee/hot cocoa mixes, there was a makeup bag for me with 2 nail polishes, 3 lip glosses, and some cute earrings and there was a plush Cinderella doll for my daughter and an Oscar the Grouch in a garbage truck (hiding behind Cinderella in the pic) for my son. They went crazy for the presents, thank you so much! Everything is great.